Cheap Flooring Ideas: Attractive and Inexpensive
Alternatives to Hardwood
Flooring can be and often is very expensive! When you’re remodeling your home or updating your floors you don’t want all of the budget to go to one area, so here we are going to discuss a few of the suggested flooring materials that have made their way into interior homes lately. Sustainability and durability are popular wants and needs these days, so look below to learn more:
This one of the least expensive flooring choices for homes thus far. Laminate floors are affordable and are great for homes that need a little bit of a more durable surface! Areas with pets or children tend to love these floors because they are hard to damage but can be designed to create a modern look.
- Price range between $1-$8 depending on installation and design requirements
- Great for homes with children and pets
- Creates a modern/trendy look for interior floors
These floors are great because they are durable and affordable! Not only that, bamboo is a truly eco-friendly decision because it grows so much faster than wood. The floors look and feel like wood flooring, so for those who don’t want to waste time and money on installing delicate hardwood floors, bamboo is the next best thing.
- This is an eco-friendly interior design
- Price starts around $4 per square foot
- Much easier to maintain and clean
Cork flooring is another eco-friendly flooring option for people who want a natural and renewable product. Cork is an attractive interior flooring addition that can be a DIY project with the proper tools. Who doesn’t like a long-lasting yet eco-friendly floor?
- Cork floors are non-toxic
- Regulates sound and footsteps
- There are a different color and design options
- It is a rapidly renewable natural resource for our planet
When we simply look at concrete from a design standpoint, we can see how it has emerged from simply being the material that built the Roman Empire or the material that is used indoors for industrial areas. This material can help design homes with a rustic modern look while being long-lasting and affordable.
- Price ranges between $2-$6 per square foot
- It is highly durable
- There is little to no maintenance with a professionally installed concrete floor
- This is a modern chic look that also hints at a rustic vibe
This is one design trend that has slowly but surely made its way up the popularity charts! These floors are long-lasting floors that can be designed to express your individuality. You don’t have to worry about cautiously caring for these floors because they can take care of themselves when they are professionally and properly installed.
- It can mimic wood perfectly
- It is water-resistant, so it can be used in basement settings
- Provides an affordable flooring solution for all areas